Kodo Millet Pulao Recipe
Prep Time - 10 min
Cook Time - 20 min
Servings – 2
- 1 cup kodo (varagu) millet
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 cup mixed vegetables – chopped carrot, beans & green peas
- Big Onion – 1
- Green Chillies - 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
- Mint leaves – 1 cup finely chopped
- Salt to Taste
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Ghee – 2 tbspn
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Bay leaf/ biryani leaf - 1
- Heat a small pressure cooker firstly with oil/ghee
- Then, in medium flame, add cinnamon, fennel, bay leaf. Do not let the bay leaf change its color
- After that, add onion and give it a stir.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry furthermore for a minute in medium flame.
- Add the chopped veggies, mint leaves
- Continue frying in medium flame for about 2 mins. You can add a little salt for the veggies.
- After that, add washed, drained millet to it and mix well. Let it become dry. Flame should always in medium.
- Then add water, salt and bring to boil.
- Mix well and cook for a whistle in medium or low flame or in low flame possible for 12 mins.
- Use fresh ginger garlic paste for best flavor. Mint, fennel adds a nice flavor, so do not skip it.
- Do not fry in high flame at any stage as it will change the color of the pulao.
- Also, while cooking the millets, let the flame be low to ensure even cooking.
Pic & Recipe Courtesy: Rakskitchen.net